Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Paul Rand

When I stumble across amazing designers like Paul Rand it makes me really sad that I didn't study graphic design in school. Scrolling through his portfolio and reading bits about his life makes me wish I would've known about him years ago. But we'll learn about him together. You can read about him and see more of his work here.
Paul Rand
Paul Rand
Paul Rand
I love it all, but the one that intrigues me the most is the balloon "inflation" advertisement. It's stunning in it's simplicity. Mr. Rand worked until his death in 1996 and although you can see that the technology changed the overall crispness of his work, his personal vision and detailing was constant. (The last two images in this set were done in 1990 and 1996.)
His site provides an excellent account of his life and work and provides many lovely photographs of him and his family. You get a real sense of who he was by simply perusing these images.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE me some Paul Rand. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super jealous of all of the knowledge you're about to gain. Can't wait for you to share it...

    ReplyDelete