Monday, August 2, 2010

Little Drifters

This story starts with a man named Lenny who builds these little wondrous boats out of random pieces of nature he finds (leaves, sticks, flowers... you remember nature right?). Anyway, from what I can gather he's been doing this for years and has a lovely gallery on Flickr to inspire you and I to do the same.
Little Drifters
Little Drifters

Amazing and gorgeous right? Can you imagine sitting by water already feeling happy because you're sitting by water, but THEN floating towards you comes one of these little beauties? Ecstasy. The picture just a little bit above on the left with the little boy stooping reminds me of Where the Wild Things Are. They're that kind of magical—don't you think?
The story then continues with a man named Jeff who has a rather amazing blog called Booooooom. You're probably much cooler than me and have heard of this fun art community (since apparently there are over 2.5 million page views a month - dang). But I came across it through my love for you is a stampede of horses (another amazing art blog). Anyway, back to the story of Jeff. He was inspired by Lenny to coordinate a world wide event asking people to build their own little drifters and send in photographs that he would share on the blog. He's in Vancouver and thought it'd be fun to invite the area to a picnic and day at the water where people could admire each others lovely creations and meet new friends and enjoy the summer. What a good idea! Here are some of my favorites that were submitted to the site.
Little Drifters
Little Drifters
Fun huh? There are some really lovely pictures of the Vancouver picnic that you'll for sure want to check out. Sorry I didn't find out about this sooner or you could've submitted your creation as well. Go make one anyway - send me the picture! You and I can admire it.

No comments:

Post a Comment